The endometrium is the innermost lining in a woman’s uterus. Every month, when a woman goes through her menstrual cycle, this part of the body changes in size to host an embryo. In an IVF procedure, the thickness of the lining can significantly decide the outcome. So, a Gynecologist In Velachery will proceed further with the implantation if the lining reaches an adequate level of thickness around 7 to 8 millimeters. The ultrasound will show three layers on the screen that in medical terms, is called ‘Trilaminar.’ It is a good sign that the lining is now suitable to host the embryo.
This post will help you in improving uterine lining in preparation for IVF.
Why do some women have a thin lining?
A thin endometrium would not be suitable to sustain the embryo for the duration of time needed for its proper development. Thus, it would only lead to a failed implantation or any inconsistencies in the lining. Here are some common causes that make the lining thin:
- Presence of uterine fibroids.
- Inadequate blood supply to the uterus.
- Scar tissues on the walls of the uterus induced by an infection, trauma, or injury.
- The fallopian tube is clogged with fluids near the ovary. This condition is called Hydrosalpinx.
- An infection in the endometrial cells.
If the Gynecologist In Medavakkam identifies such medical conditions contributing to the thinness of the uterine lining, proper treatment would be suggested to rectify it before progressing with the IVF procedures.
What should be done to improve endometrium thickness?
The possibility of pregnancy gets better when the optimal thickness is achieved. However, this process needs medical intervention to improve the endometrium to the required thickness.
1 – Prescribe Estrogen enhancing supplements
The doctor will set to enhance the estrogen hormone by prescribing tablets and other methods for introducing the hormone from an external source. Estrogen is a vital hormone in terms of reproductivity. Low levels of estrogen in the body mean a thin lining. Therefore, it is naturally the first step that the Gynecologist In Madipakkam will take to ensure a healthy reproductive system.
2 – Regulating Blood flow
All organs need an adequate amount of blood flow to function regularly. The same applies to increasing the thickness of the uterine lining. Here are some simple methods that will improve blood circulation across the body.
- Regular exercise – When the body is stationary or with little movement, all the organs operate at low capacity thus, the blood flow is slow. Therefore, your Gynecologist In Adambakkam would recommend taking a walk or yoga with less strain to the body. It will regulate blood flow without adding too much stress. There is no need for elaborate workouts and it is not advised for women undergoing IVF treatment.
- Avoid caffeine – Limit to one cup of coffee as anything more would increase caffeine and hinders blood flow.
- Gain BMI – Women with perfect BMI for their age can improve the blood flow in the pelvic regions. The fat cells will also produce estrogen.
3 – Fruits
Gynecologists in the Best Ivf Center In Chennai suggest women consume lemon, pomegranates, and watermelon. They are rich in nitric oxide which expands the blood vessels. It will help improve the thickness of the uterine lining.
This post would have given you a basic understanding of how to improve the thickness of your uterine lining. Nevertheless, if you think you need professional advice, immediately consult with the nearest Fertility Centre in Chennai.