TO DECIDE NEED FOR LAPAROSCOPIC HYSTERECTOMY
1) DO YOU REALLY NEED A LAPAROSCOPIC HYSTERECTOMY?
Many times, there are many nonsurgical treatment options for fibroids and heavy bleeding. You must discuss these options with your doctor before removing them. If you have no complaints and USG shows fibroid you can ignore it. Have a discussion with the best Gynecologist In Velachery who specializes in women’s reproductive health.
2) WHO NEEDS LAPAROSCOPIC HYSTERECTOMY?
a) Age above 45 years with heavy bleeding causing anemia or disturbing your day to day activities morbidly.
b) If you have completed having babies and your age is more than 44 years with bleeding complaints.
c) If you want a one-stop solution to a long-standing bleeding problem and all other measures have failed miserably.
d) If you can’t make frequent visits to the Hospital and live outside India.
3) HOW CAN YOU BE CAREFUL WHILE DOING LAPAROSCOPIC HYSTERECTOMY?
a) Plan the only laparoscopy, avoid open surgery even the bigger fibroids can be removed by laparoscopy
b) You need not remove ovaries unless absolutely necessary, the only uterus can be removed
c) A maximum of 2-3 days admission is enough.
d) You can resume regular activity in one week.
4) Women less than 40 years of age should never remove the uterus unless all other methods for NON SURGICAL treatment have been tried and given up.
5) Discuss with your doctor all NON SURGICAL TREATMENT OPTIONS for heavy bleeding before going for Laparoscopic hysterectomy to avoid unnecessary hysterectomy.